Friday, May 20, 2011

Critters in the yard

Bailey had his first official "kill" in our yard today. He caught a mole and held it in his mouth at the door until I saw his catch. He dropped it on the deck and ran inside and the mole did not survive Bailey's jaws...The kids were quite interested in his catch and Taylor asked me if the mole was sleeping! The same day, Taylor had left the garage door open, which is a chronic thing in our household. The other garage door was open as well to the outside. Taylor came up to me and said, "Bird in the house". I said, "What did you say" and she said "Bird in the house". I asked her to show where the bird was, and sure enough, she trotted into the kitchen and pointed to the window. This poor bird was desperately trying to exit the house through a closed window. I opened the one window that is not permanently shut and shooed the bird towards it. The bird quickly found the open window and bolted out of the house. A little excitement in the Harding household today!

No comments:

Post a Comment