Thursday, January 20, 2011

Animal Poster

Joshua decided that his animal facts poster for class would be about cats. We checked out a library book on Cats and chose some fun facts that his classmates may not know to put on his poster. Bailey was the poster cat and his picture was posted in multiple areas on the poster with the four facts that Joshua chose to write about. It was a challenge for me to give up some of the control of putting the poster together with Joshua as Joshua wanted to put his creative juices to work with the logistics of the items to be attached. I realized that I needed to give him more creative control and just let him experiment and learn while I sit back and enjoy his developing skills and ideas. Mommy is learning right along with you, Joshua! Taylor and I missed the presentation...I tried to get there by leaving my bible study class early, but missed it anyway! At least I got to watch you at recess and Taylor got to go to recess and play with the big kids for awhile! I'll make sure and be there for the next one! I was trying to just be there for your presentation because Taylor has limited listening skills and loves to hear her voice during presentation time! Great job on your poster and presentation...the other parents there said that you all did a great job with the presentations!

No comments:

Post a Comment