Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Guardian angel!

The most amazing and beautiful thing happened this morning! I was doing the early morning school routine and made my way upstairs to wake Joshua up. I opened his door (which usually startles and wakes him up) and he peeped his eyes open at me and then shut them again. The room was dim, but there was enough light to see each other. He opened his eyes again and said, "Mommy, your angel is above you". I said, "What?" And he said, "I saw your angel above you when I first opened my eyes". I said, "What did it look like?" He told me that he didn't remember and didn't know if it was a man or woman, but that he saw the wings and it was above my head. He said it so calmly and matter of factly, like he sees angels all of the time. It made me wonder if he does see angels frequently. And, was this my guardian angel, or an angel that had been watching over him while he slept who hovered over me when I walked in the room. Either way, it was the most amazing gift that he gave me. I have never seen an angel (that I know of!) and so to know that right there in that moment...where I wasn't in any iminent danger...just a typical day in the Harding household, that God sends his angels to watch over us. It was very humbling and it made me so grateful to have such a loving Father to give us such a special gift here on Earth. Thank you, Joshua, for sharing this with me. It means more to me than you know! Your heart for God is so beautiful and we love watching you bloom and grow in your faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment